“I had a great experience with Davis & Gelshenen.”~Davis & Gelshenen Client
Involvement in a truck accident can be scary and overwhelming. While your most critical concern is the safety and well-being of those involved, you also may be wondering:
- How to deal with the insurance companies?
- How will you pay your medical bills?
- Who will pay for your car repairs?
- How can you receive compensation for lost wages?
- Whether you need a lawyer to help with your case?
Truck accidents can be particularly complicated because they often involve multiple responsible parties, and the lawyers at Davis & Gelshenen have experience identifying all the liable parties, as well as proving any negligence by the CDL driver and his/her employer.
If you have been injured by a negligent truck driver, the most important thing you can do to protect your rights after an accident is contact a lawyer. Your lawyer will handle the details related to the accident and work with the insurance company to ensure your rights are protected and you receive the compensation you deserve to cover medical bills, lost wages and more.
With over 20 years of experience handing truck accident cases, the lawyers at Davis & Gelshenen have obtained millions of dollars for thousands of clients. We are here for you to handle the stressful details, paperwork and insurance calls and get you the largest settlement possible. We offer all clients a free, no obligation consultation to assess your case. And, you pay no fee unless you win.
If you or someone you know have been involved in an automobile accident, call Davis & Gelshenen LLP at 866-427-2121 for a free initial consultation with one of our experienced, trusted, and recommended personal injury attorneys. Davis & Gelshenen LLP handles cases throughout Wisconsin, Illinois, North Carolina and Ohio, and can meet with you at your home or location convenient to you to discuss your case.
What to do after a truck accident
A truck accident can be a very traumatic event. Stress and injuries may affect your ability to think clearly. How you react to the accident and the information that you obtain can be a critical element in your case.
After an accident:
- Be careful. If you are in severe pain, wait for paramedics to arrive to assess your injuries. Speak with other drivers and witnesses involved to obtain names, addresses and telephone numbers.
- Make sure that you acquire each driver’s automobile insurance information including the name of the person insured on the vehicle, the company’s name and telephone number if known.
- Contact the police to make an immediate report of the accident and remain at the scene until after an officer arrives.
- Cooperate with the police in preparing an accident report.
- Photograph the exterior and interior of the vehicles involved in the accident.
- Do not fill out any insurance documents, releases or provide recorded statements without first consulting with a lawyer. Be wary of early settlement offers from the insurance company!
- If injured, consult with a physician.
Highlighted Case Results: Truck Accident
Attorney Daniel Davis Obtains 55 Percent More for Family Injured by Truck Driver
In this case, our clients were hit in the rear by a truck driver as traffic slowed due to another accident. The injures ranged in severity from moderate to severe. After years of negotiation and litigation, Attorney Daniel Davis was able to obtain a combined 55 percent increase in settlement for the family from the initial offers made during an early mediation.
If you or anyone you know has been injured by a truck driver and you want an attorney who won’t settle for offers that are too low, call Attorney Daniel S. Davis at our toll-free number, 866-427-2121.
Personal Injury/Accidents Services
- Automobile Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Personal Injury
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Toxic Tort Claims
- Work-Related Accidents or Illness
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Brain Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Back Injuries
- Dog Bites/Attacks
- Paralysis Injuries
- Legionella Injuries
- Nursing Home Negligence
- Product Liability Claims