“Everything they predicted the insurance company would do, it did. It was like they were reading the insurance adjuster’s mind.”~ Davis & Gelshenen Client
Involvement in a car accident can be scary and overwhelming. While your most critical concern is the safety and well-being of those involved, you also may be wondering:
- How to deal with the insurance companies?
- How will you pay your medical bills?
- Who will pay for your car repairs?
- How can you receive compensation for lost wages?
- Whether you need a lawyer to help with your case?
If you have been injured, the most important thing you can do to protect your rights after an accident is contact a lawyer. Your lawyer will handle the details related to the accident and work with the insurance company to ensure your rights are protected and you receive the compensation you deserve to cover medical bills, lost wages and more.
With over 20 years of experience handing personal injury cases, the lawyers at Davis & Gelshenen have obtained tens of millions of dollars for thousands of clients. We are here for you to handle the stressful details, paperwork and insurance calls and get you the largest settlement possible. We offer all clients a free, no obligation consultation to assess your case. And, you pay no fee unless you win.
If you or someone you know have been involved in an automobile accident, call Davis & Gelshenen LLP at 866-427-2121 for a free initial consultation with one of our experienced, trusted, and recommended personal injury attorneys. Davis & Gelshenen LLP handles cases throughout Wisconsin, Illinois, North Carolina and Ohio, and can meet with you at your home or location convenient to you to discuss your case.
What to do after a car accident
A car accident can be a very traumatic event. Stress and injuries may affect your ability to think clearly. How you react to the accident and the information that you obtain can be a critical element in your case.
After an accident:
- Be careful. If you are in severe pain, wait for paramedics to arrive to assess your injuries. Speak with other drivers and witnesses involved to obtain names, addresses and telephone numbers.
- Make sure that you acquire each driver’s automobile insurance information including the name of the person insured on the vehicle, the company’s name and telephone number if known.
- Contact the police to make an immediate report of the accident and remain at the scene until after an officer arrives.
- Cooperate with the police in preparing an accident report.
- Photograph the exterior and interior of the vehicles involved in the accident.
- Do not fill out any insurance documents, releases or provide recorded statements without first consulting with a lawyer. Be wary of early settlement offers from the insurance company!
- If injured, consult with a physician.
Highlighted Case Results: Automobile Accident
Attorney Leah Michaelson-Link Obtains Six-Figure Personal Injury Settlement For Client Hit By a Negligent Government Driver
In this case, our client sustained injuries when her vehicle collided with a government vehicle which pulled out in front of her from a stop sign. As a result of the accident, the client sustained injuries to her neck, back, and left shoulder. Attorney Michaelson-Link filed a lawsuit in Federal Court, and ultimately obtained a six-figure settlement for our client.
Attorney Daniel Davis Obtains Policy Limit Settlement for Pedestrian Hit in a Parking Lot
In this Illinois case our client was standing in a parking lot, waiting for a car to pull out, when the car hit her and caused serious injuries. Attorney Davis assisted the client through the various legal issues and ultimately resolved the claim for the insurance limits of $100,000.
Personal Injury/Accidents Services
- Automobile Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Personal Injury
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Toxic Tort Claims
- Work-Related Accidents or Illness
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Brain Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Back Injuries
- Dog Bites/Attacks
- Paralysis Injuries
- Legionella Injuries
- Nursing Home Negligence
- Product Liability Claims