We love our pets, but uncontrolled dogs can be seriously dangerous. If you or someone you love have been attacked by a dog and sustained injury, you are entitled to compensation to pay for your medical bills and recovery. The dog owner’s homeowners’ or renters’ insurance policy can be responsible for paying damages.
If you have sustained substantial injuries in a dog attack, it is important that you:
- Seek medical attention. Insist on having a plastic surgeon tend to any wounds on the face.
- Document the incident, including taking photos of the bite, dog, and site of the accident.
- Report the incident to the owner and collect related rabies, vaccination and insurance records.
- Report the incident to your local animal control agency, which should trigger a full investigation into the event. This will help ensure others are not injured by the same animal.
- Contact a lawyer who can protect your rights.
If you have been harmed by a dog attack, call Davis & Gelshenen LLP at 866-427-2121 for a free initial consultation with one of our experienced, trusted, and recommended personal injury attorneys. Davis & Gelshenen LLP handles dog bite cases throughout Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, and North Carolina. We will meet with you at your home or another location convenient to you to discuss your case.
Highlighted Case Result: Dog Attack
Large Settlement for Dog Attack Victim
An unleashed dog attacked our client, knocked her down and continued its vicious attack. She suffered shoulder, neck, leg and hip injuries. She hired Attorney Leah Michaelson-Link at Davis & Gelshenen. Attorney Michaelson-Link convinced the at-fault dog owner’s insurance company to pay our client’s medical bills and award her compensation for months of pain and suffering.
Personal Injury/Accidents Services
- Automobile Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Personal Injury
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Toxic Tort Claims
- Work-Related Accidents or Illness
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Brain Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Back Injuries
- Dog Bites/Attacks
- Paralysis Injuries
- Legionella Injuries
- Nursing Home Negligence
- Product Liability Claims