John J. Gelshenen Jr.
John Gelshenen is a founding partner of the law firm of Davis & Gelshenen LLP. He represents individuals in personal injury litigation. His firm has offices in Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio and North Carolina.
He is admitted to practice in the State Courts of Illinois, North Carolina, Wisconsin and The United States Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and the United States Tax Court.
Mr. Gelshenen served on the Board of Directors for Corporate Casual, a non for profit educational organization compromised of bankers, accountants and attorneys and The Milwaukee Insurance Adjustors Association. He has been a Civil Trial Counsel of Wisconsin and Defense Research Institute member. Mr. Gelshenen has volunteered for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society Best Damn Bike Tour and has served in its Class Leadership Campaign. He has also volunteered at the Sojourner Truth House (planning, coordinating and implementing youth activities); and Independence First (Luncheon Benefit Committee). Mr. Gelshenen was selected to serve on the Young Professionals of Milwaukee Service Circuit Program. The Program places Professionals with organizations that are building Milwaukee's Socio-Economic Future. Mr. Gelshenen is also a member of the Wisconsin and American Association for Justice and recognized as a Wisconsin Super Lawyer and The National Trial Lawyers Association Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
Mr.Gelshenen has litigated cases involving automobile, motorcycle, truck, premise liability, fire explosion, toxic torts, legionella, sex abuse, traumatic brain injuries, herniated disks, cervical and lumbar fusions, gun shot wounds, vision/hearing loss and burn injury cases. He also represents real estate agents in misrepresentation, fraud, negligence, licensing and fair housing discrimination matters in state and federal courts and before WI ERD & US HUD Department.
Areas of Practice
- Plaintiff Personal Injury
- Real Estate Litigation
- North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Maquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Major: Political Science
- Bear Realty
- ReMax Realty
- Keefe Realty
- Lake Country Realty
- Steve Mills--CEO of Bear Realty
- William Minnet--President Lake Country Realty
- Dennis Carnes--CFO Keefe Realty
- Paul Jones-General Counsel Harley-Davidson
- Business Law, Aurora UniversityGeorge Williams College, 2007
- How We Do Things Around Here-Litigation Practice, 2004
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers, 2011 - 2015
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- National Trial Lawyers Association